This spicy dessert is a healthy version of traditional carrot cake, leaving out processed foods and fats, and replacing them with fresh alkaline foods and the healthy sweetness of honey.
- 500 grams carrots
- 2 cups almond or Rice milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 fine slices fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/3 cup honey
- Boil the carrots until they are soft. Then place them into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add almond or cauliflower Rice milk and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Pour the carrots into a saucepan and add in the arrowroot, honey and spices and stir through. Bring to the boil and leave for one minute.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool in a tin until it becomes firm, then serve