These Garden Salads are a great reason to visit the local farmers market. Finding local organic fresh ingredients will increase the freshness of your cooking. Radicchio has an outstanding score of 3,557 per 100 grams. Antioxidant rich foods will boost your body’s metabolism. Cucumbers are one of the top health food vegetables as well.
- ½ head of red leaf lettuce or 5 ounces
- 1 carrot
- ½ cucumber or 5 ounces
- ½ cup of sliced radicchio
- ½ fennel sliced or shaven thin
- 1 lemon or lime
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make your vinaigrette first so it’s out of the way.
- Crush and chop the garlic and put in a medium sized bowl. Slice the shallot very thin and place in the bowl along with the mustard, juice from the lemon and the vinegar. Mix quickly with a whisk while adding the oil. Vinaigrette finished.
- Rinse the lettuce and shake dry or pat with a towel. Peel the carrot and slice thin. Slice the radicchio thin along with the fennel
- Put the greens in a large bowl with the carrots, fennel, cucumber and radicchio. Make sure the quantities are what you like and keep the rest for later in the week.
- Drizzle vinaigrette around the edges of the bowl while stirring until you have the right amount.