Fresh fish with a cauliflower Rice pilaf and a citrus sauce is always refreshing. This dish is full of antioxidants and vitamins. The versatility of it is that the fish can change weekly as well as the vegetable selection.
- 2 8-ounces tilapia fillets
- 1 cup cauliflower Rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley or cilantro
- If frozen, thaw the fish under cool water or in the fridge overnight. Dry any water off. Crack the egg into a medium sized bowl and add an eggs volume worth of water and rapidly mix with whisk or a fork.
- Toss the fish around on a plate with the buckwheat flour until it is coated. Then lay the fish in the egg mixture until it is wet on both sides covering the flour.
- Warm a pan and add some oil. Once the oil is hot but not smoking, lay the fish in the oil to cook.
- Take the cauliflower Rice mixture and add the vegetables, lemon juice, and herbs