A good Flaxseed meal crusted fish is amazing. It adds a bit of crunchy consistency to your fish and will soak up some liquids. There are also many different ingredients that you can shred up and mix into the flax meal like horseradish or carrots. To preserve the vitamins and nutrients in the broccoli simmer it in shallow water or sauté on low heat. Steam is very hot and can kill many essential vitamins.
- 2 (4-5 ounce each) pieces of halibut (or equivalent white fish)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 cup cauliflower Rice
- 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, steamed
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add their volume of water, stir quickly.
- Place the buckwheat flour on a plate and lay the fish on top turning it over to coat all the way.
- Dip the floured fish now into the egg wash and cover. Once covered in the egg wash lay in the flaxseed meal.
- Once the fish is coated you can begin cooking it in a medium heated pan with some cooking oil.
- Cook crust until golden and place in a 300-degree oven for 15 minutes until finished.
- Prepare the cauliflower Rice and add the chopped ginger and lemon juice.
- Add the vegetables and spoon the cauliflower Rice mixture onto a plate. Lay the crusted fish on top.