Simply put cucumbers are the fourth most cultivated vegetable in the world and for a good reason. Cucumbers are a friendly flavor to combine with other foods and of course make outstanding pickles. This salad is packed with nutrients leaving you feeling healthy and vibrant.
- 2 small cucumbers, sliced
- ½ cup seedless grapes
- 2 cups of red leaf lettuce, shredded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 shallot
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons pecans, shopped
- In a salad bowl, place the cucumbers, grapes and lettuce and toss to combine. Set aside.
- For the vinaigrette, start by chopping garlic clove and shallot. Put into blender, add mustard, honey and vinegar and blend on low while adding the extra virgin olive oil. Season with pepper to taste. Or, you may simply combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk them together.
- Drizzle some dressing over the salad, toss gently and sprinkle with chopped pecans before serving. Any leftover dressing may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days