This is a kidney-friendly version of the traditional salad wrap. Using lettuce leaves instead of processed breads means that the fresh herbs and spices really stand out.
- 6 large Romaine lettuce leaves
- 3 avocados, must be ripe
- 2 soft Roma tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- one lime
- small red onion, cut into small chunks
- small fresh red chili
- ¼ cup fresh coriander black pepper
- Celtic sea salt
- ½ cup crushed walnuts
- Cut the avocados and mash them with a fork. Cut the red chili into tiny pieces and mix in with the avocado.
- Squeeze the juice from the lime into the avocado and add a pinch of black pepper and Celtic sea salt.
- Cut the coriander into large piece and mix into the avocado along with crushed walnuts
- Lay the lettuce leaves out and spoon some of the mix into the middle of the leaves. Wrap the lettuce around the avocado mix and secure with a toothpick.
Serves 6 as finger food
TIP: Avocados are packed full of healthy fats and beneficial nutrients for the kidneys. However, if you have issues with high potassium then reduce the avocado to ¼ of an avocado per serve. This will provide 190mg of potassium.