Cooking stuffed trout is not only nutritious it is fun and can create memories that last a lifetime. The trout can easily be found at most groceries for a reasonable price. We usually cook them whole and then pull the meat from the bone with the fork. It’s also very traditional to eat it with rice pilaf. Vinaigrettes and fruit purees are a great accompaniment here too.
- 2 trout (or equivalent fish)
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced thyme
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower Rice
- 1 scallion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- 2 summer squash
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F or 150 C.
- Season your trout with the oil, thyme, shallot and garlic.
- Mix the cauliflower rice, scallion, diced celery, egg and breadcrumbs until evenly incorporated.
- Stuff these ingredients into the belly area of the trout and place on a sheet pan or baking dish and into the oven. Bake at 300 for 25 minutes.
- Simmer the squash in a sauté pan with the cooking oil for 15 minutes on low heat until soft.
- The trout should be stiff and smell excellent when it’s done. Lay the stuffed trout on a plate next to the cooked squash.